String Sprouts Lead Cello Teacher
Position: String Sprouts Lead Teacher
Structure: Weekly for 32-weeks, Sept. - May, 2 hours per week
Salary: $70 per hour
Training: Must be available for Sprouts training in July
Supervisor: Program Manager and Executive Director
Heartland Chamber Music is seeking a Lead Teacher who is motivated, reliable, and an enthusiastic
cello instructor for our early childhood education String Sprouts K.C. program.
The mission of Heartland Chamber Music is to connect, engage and inspire students of all ages through a lifetime of music education and performance. The organization has served more than 5000 students and presented more than 200 concerts throughout thepast 17 years through year-round and
summer chamber music programming.
String Sprouts is a unique music curriculum created by the Omaha Conservatoryof music for ages 3-8. It is based on the key components of the Suzuki Violin Method which include a parental component and inspired by the El Sistema philosophy. The program has gained national attention through its
innovative 5-year curriculum.
• Teaching group cello lessons with a positive attitude and
• Following the provided curriculum
• Cultivate and maintain a positive and structured classroom
• Monitoring your classroom administrative and equipment
• Supervising your assistant teacher
• BA (preferred), MA (a plus)
• Proficient on the cello
• Have significant musical and/or educational training.
• Suzuki training (a plus)
• A passion to promote the collective practice of music to help
children in achieving their full potential and acquiring values
that favor their growth.
• Comfortable working with young children and their families
• Covid-19 Vaccination required.
Interested candidates, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Sprouts Lead Teacher”
String Sprouts Assistant Teachers
Position: Sprouts KC Assistant Teachers
Structure: Weekly for 32-weeks, Aug - May, 1 - 2 hours
Salary: $20 per hour
Supervisor: Program Manager & Sprouts Lead Teacher
Heartland Chamber Music is seeking Assistant Teachers in both cello and violin who are motivated, reliable, and will be enthusiastic role models for the 4-6 year old Sprouts students and their families. Assistant teachers must be at least 16 years of age and have reliable transportation.
• Help tune instruments
• Support the Lead teacher in all capacities
• Take attendance
• Assistants will also supervise planned activities for 15
young children alone for 10 minutes during the Parent
HCM current students and alumni are encouraged to apply! Applicants must have received their Covid vaccine.
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Sprouts Assistant Teacher in the subject line.
more info about Sprouts can be found at: stringsproutskc.org